GREAT NOTLEY PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB – CONSTITUTION AMENDED 2017 (v7)
- Name: The Club shall be called “Great Notley Photography Club”.
- Objectives: Great Notley Photography Club, is for passionate photographers of any age or standard, who have a keen interest in photography and wish to develop their photographic art, in a relaxed and enjoyable environment amongst like-minded people.
- Membership: Any person interested in or practising photography who agrees to support the Club’s objectives may apply for membership by emailing email@example.com or by completing an application form during a weekly meeting. Members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by joining the club will be deemed to have accepted these regulations. Membership will fall under one of the following categories – Full and Junior (13-18)(under 13’s must be and accompanied by an adult). From time to time the Committee or a quorum thereof may suspend new membership for reasons that may include (but not limited to) increasing numbers, limits imposed by size of venue or Health & Safety.
- Subscriptions: Entrance Fees and subscriptions shall be such amounts that are determined by the Annual General Meeting, or by a Special General Meeting. Membership of the club shall cease if subscriptions are not paid within one month of the Annual General Meeting of that year. No person shall take part in a Club competition or enter for Club exhibitions unless his or her subscription is paid and up to date.
- Organisation: The Officers of the Club shall consist of Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, Publicity and Membership Officer, Programme Secretary, External Competitions and Internal Competitions Secretary. These shall form the Committee and shall be appointed, and one of the officer post-holders shall be designated as Vice-Chairperson, each year at the Annual General Meeting. Where a casual vacancy occurs the Committee may co-opt a club-member into the vacant position on a non-voting basis until the next Annual General Meeting or until such time as a Special General Meeting is convened, whichever is the sooner. The Committee will manage the affairs of the club. A quorum shall be required to execute the business of the club. Three members of the committee will constitute a quorum.
- Finance: All club monies will be banked in an account held in the name of the club. The club Treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the club. The financial year shall end of the 31 March each year and Treasurer shall present to the Annual AGM a financial statement of the preceding financial year’s transactions together with any outstanding financial transactions and the balances and activity compared with the previous year, as well as highlight any good or bad points for the forthcoming year. Any cheques drawn on behalf of the club will be signed by any two of the Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer.
- Annual General Meeting: The A.G.M. of the Club shall be held during the month of April each year. The Business shall include: Minutes of the previous A.G.M., Annual report of the Committee, Statements of Accounts and Balance Sheet, Election of Chairperson, Officers Assistant Officers and elected members without office.
- Special General Meeting: An S.G.M. can be called at any time by the Committee or upon the receipt of a requisition signed by not less than one quarter of the members. Twenty One days notice must be given to all members of any Annual or Special Meeting, with particulars of all business to be transacted. No business other than that appearing on the notice of such a meeting shall be transacted thereat.
- Constitution: A copy of the Constitution will be available to every member of the Club via the Clubs website at www.gnpc.co.uk. Any member requiring a paper copy should contact the Clubs Secretary. No alteration to these rules shall be made except at an Annual or Special General Meeting.
- Propositions: All nominations and propositions for Annual and Special General Meetings shall not be accepted unless given to the Secretary fourteen days before the date of the meeting, signed by two members of the Club as proposer and seconder.
- Emergencies: In the event of anything occurring not provided for or not clear in the foregoing rules, the Committee shall have power to deal with the same at their discretion.
- Dissolution: The Club may be dissolved only by the consent of three-fourths of the members present at a Special General Meeting called for that purpose. Such a meeting shall appoint a Liquidator and decide on the disposal of all Club funds and assets. After discharging all debts and liabilities of the Great Notley Photography Club, the remaining assets are to be given or transferred to a voluntary organisation having similar objectives to those of the club.
Notes on Rules
Rule 3: If a member proves to be undesirable or detrimental to the Club, he or she can have a private warning from the Chairman or Secretary. And If this is not corrective, he or she can be dealt with by the Committee under the penultimate sentence of Rule 3, with the minimum publicity. If necessary, the Treasurer can be instructed not to accept that person’s future subscriptions.
Rules 4, 5 & 6: The Officers should lead the Club and the Committee, and control its weekly activities, but the whole membership must feel involved so that all major decisions should be made by the members together at the Annual General Meeting. A Committee member not attending 3 consecutive scheduled Committee meetings without suitable apologies shall be deemed to have resigned their position.
Rule 7: The Committee should ensure that suitable nominations for Chairman and Officers are included in the notice for the Annual General Meeting. It must be possible for any member to make additional nominations or proposals fourteen days before the meeting. Fourteen days gives the Committee time to meet to discuss any proposal and decide their attitude before the meeting. It also prevents any important or controversial matters being brought up at the last minute to be voted without proper consideration by perhaps a small attendance at the Annual General Meeting.
RULES FOR CLUB COMPETITIONS.
Competition rules for all internal competitions which includes print and digital are available via the Clubs website at www.gnpc.co.uk or for members requiring a paper copy directly from the Clubs Secretary.
Great Notley Photography Club fully recognises its responsibilities for Child Protection. Download Child Protection Policy [pdf document].